Do racist people seriously have nothing better to do than to send angry anons to POCs to try to convince them how so not racist they are and how they’re being so hurt by “reverse racism”???
Hours Worked On Minimum Wage In Order To Pay For One University Credit Hour
*Flings this chart at baby boomers*
Also know and “Why U.S. Students Don’t Just Get A Summer Job To Pay Their Own Way, No They Are Not Being Lazy Little Shits Who Should Get Off Your Lawn”.
Okay, things I do to feel good about my body.
1) Look to people with similar bodies. Usually here on tumblr there are a lot of body positive blogs, blogs that show everyday women with whom you can relate. Girls are often bombarded with a certain type of body image though the media and not fitting that body type can often make us feel bad about ourselves. The truth is bodies are diverse! There is not one type of beautiful body shape but many, and sometimes I have to remind myself that! http://stophatingyourbody.tumblr.com/ is a particular site I often like to visit.
2) I look at myself naked. Half the time when I’m feeling down about my body I’m not actually looking at it. I’m visualizing in my head how horrible I think I look. Getting naked just puts it all out there in the open (literally).
3) I compliment myself about things that I am usually insecure about. So I have big hips and thighs instead of berating them I say ” My thighs and hips are fantastic! They make me curvy which is kinda sexy!!”.
4) I do things that make me feel beautiful. So I dress up or do my hair a certain way, paint my nails. They say you’re body is your temple so I decorate it. I take care of myself whether that’s a hot bubble bath, going to the gym or eating an entire pizza :D
5) I am honest with myself. If something is really bothering me I put it like this: I can either change it or accept it. If it’s something I can’t change or don’t want to I tell myself to shut up, love it, and move on cos it ain’t going no where lol.
If a guy I really liked said it didn’t like my body… well that would just be it. He just wouldn’t like my body and I’d move on. I won’t lie it might hurt at first, but I realize that I am much more than the sum of people’s opinions. People only have as much power as you give them and I wouldn’t give him the power of making me feel bad about my body just because he didn’t like my body. He is ONE person out of BILLIONS his opinion won’t break me. While my body may have been ugly to him there is someone that it will be beautiful to. I love myself not because of what other people think but because of what I think and that’s what’s important. :D
Personally I think all girls should have the confidence of lsp! lol
This absolutely made my day! I’m so happy that you’re finding that tag helpful. If what I post helps someone, I couldn’t ask for anything more. Thank you for sharing this and I hope you have a wonderful day =)
I really like how she tries to defend herself by stating how much she loooveees Japanese culture
"You guys I did this with Japanese people it’s cool"
"I go to Japan like so much ok I know the culture"
"I know so many Japanese people and even the director was Japanese!"
God these bullshit statements alone just insinuates that hey Japanese people are working with me so I can’t be doing anything wrong or racist, otherwise they’d tell me!
Yeah because even if you’re an artist at the end of her career and desperately trying to save it, you’re still a well-known name and PoC don’t have many opportunities in this industry and will take any job that’s offered to them. This includes everyone who worked on this video. Why?
Because People of Color are easily replaced. They’re expendable.
Oh, you don’t want to work with her cause her entire music video is racist? Whatever. We’ll just find another director/choreographer/dancer.
That’s it. That’s literally it. That’s how it works. So we suck it up and work with these people cause the industry doesn’t value us enough and not working only harms us, not the artist.
I mean, spewing random Japanese words that have nothing to do with your song is just short of saying Ching Chong Long Ting Tong, but you know. She’s just admiring the culture.
Sure does remind me of this skit:
This is extremely racist and insulting. I’m an Asian American. I studied Japanese for two years. I’ve yet to begin to scratch the surface of Japanese culture and etiquette and I’m not even that confident or comfortable speaking or writing it because I don’t feel as if I know enough about it to say I can speak Japanese.
Singing random words in a language you don’t know is racist when you use it for the sake of a song that just appropriates a part of their culture so much.
Then you have your Japanese backup dancers. They all look the same, they’re silent, and “kawaii”.
Of course, to you dear Avril, this sure doesn’t perpetuate the stereotype of cute, obedient, and submissive Asian
womengirls right? They’re just too damn cute and fit your set!
God. You’re turning 30. I don’t care if you want to act childish or dress a certain way. But grow the fuck up and stop making arguments that defend your racist actions and try to justify them by name-dropping everything Japanese.
You’re not Japanese. You don’t know Japanese. You don’t know Japanese culture. Your song doesn’t “honor” or “flatter” Japanese people or Japanese culture. It perpetuates the stereotype the West already holds and you try to pass it off as being cute and creative and appreciative and dedicate it to your Japanese fans.
No. Fuck you.
DUDE, why are you shitting yourself over this? So what she throws in a few Japanese words? Isn’t that the same as what Shakira does in her songs? African, Spanish etc. - c’mon.
look ya fuckin weeb she’s fetishizing Japanese culture and perpetuating racist stereotypes and that’s fucked
Billboard said “"Hello Kitty" is the weakest song on Avril Lavigne’s fifth studio album, a grating earworm that squeezes Gwen Stefani’s Japan fetishization into an even more unseemly package." and yeah I could not agree more. This is blatant, disgusting racism and it’s sickening to see it downplayed by so many commentators.
(last promo of the day I promise)
Go follow my new blog because it looks pretty cool right now
and also there’s a good dose of badass feminism (x)